WELCOME TO THE BAYLISS LINE. This blog has been created for my family. By "my family" I mean all those who are related to the Bayliss family either by blood, marriage or even relationship. There are, of course, other Bayliss families not related to us but this blog has at its heart a very specific family who had their origins in Gloucestershire. I am connected to that family because my mother was a Bayliss and it was her curiosity that started my research back in the early 1990's. So, what are you likely to see on this blog? Well, as it is a blog, I want it to be as entertaining as possible rather that a dry listing of facts (that is for Ancestry.com). I will, hopefully, be posting entries on our ancestors and relatives, on the places where they lived, and the historical times they lived through. I have an extensive collection of photographs of people and places which I will, of course, be sharing.

I'd like to ask anybody who reads this blog to give me some feedback. I'd really like this to be a two way thing. It sometimes unearths new information and, to be honest, it gives me encouragement. There will be two ways of providing feedback - either through the comment button (you will need a Google account for this) or via the e-mail address which appears on this page - alternatively, ring me. Now scroll down to read the latest entries.....and, of course, via Facebook.

Monday 17 September 2012

NEWS UPDATE

Liza
I was recently contacted by Liza Holmes who is researching her family tree. It turns out that Lisa is a distant relative of our cousin Treena through via her mother Nellie and her grandmother Ada Elizabeth Ashby. Liza has kindly given me permission to use any information and photos from her family tree so at some point I will  be doing a piece on the Ashby family.

I am still trying to get together with cousins Ian and Robin Slater to prepare the article on their mother Esther.
Ian is very busy at the moment building a new kitchen for a friend of mine and Robin and his wife are busy with their own project doing up an old rectory. Once things slow down a bit I'll start work on that before moving on to the last of my uncles and aunts - Stanley Bayliss. When I write about Stanley I will also be writing about the family of his wife Gladys.

In the near future, on the companion blog, DOWN THESE STREETS, I will be writing my memories of working in London's Soho and, in particular, Wardour Street during the 1960's.

Once again thank you for supporting the blog, especially those of you who take the time to send me comments and let me know you are enjoying the things I am writing. If you learn about new articles via Facebook please remember that it is only the main posts that I announce there so click onto the blog between articles as sometimes there will be an unannounced piece (like this one).

All the Best

Ernest

No comments:

Post a Comment